Have you ever wondered what it’s like to start a shoe brand?
Our guest today is global citizen and fashion entrepreneur, Alison Mary Ching Yeung.
Alison started her iconic designer shoe and luxury accessories brand in Shanghai back in 2009 after stepping out of her comfort zone by leaving her job and shortly after diving straight into the entrepreneurial world.
Her story shows how even what you could consider minor events in life, have the capacity of turning into great business opportunities. Alison is truly passionate about fashion and demonstrates her business abilities by listening to her clients and market demand, which has led her to find her uniqueness within the industry, be featured in China Vogue and also become part of the permanent collection of Chinese shoe designers for the infamous Victoria & Albert Museum in London.
Listen until the end of this candid conversation and let us know your main takeaways!
In this episode, we cover:
– Alison’s challenges early in her career.
– Turning points in the business.
– Adapting to change in a changing business environment.
– How her creative process works and what inspires her.
– The importance of building long-lasting relationships with suppliers.
– Alison’s 3 P’s.
– How to differentiate your brand.
Connect with Neri:
– Follow Neri on Instagram @nerikarraworld and @modametiers
– Visit modametiers.com and check out our services, resources, and previous work.
– Enjoying what you hear? Follow and leave a review HERE.