How far can your dreams take you?
Our guest today, Andy Torres is what people would call a go-getter. The precise embodiment of perseverance and resilience.
Andy is the founder of StyleScrapbook – a curated fashion blog focused on presenting fashion in a relatable, inspiring, and affordable way.
Her resume includes working as a host for Cosmopolitan TV and E! Entertainment Television series “ELLE Mexico Diseña”. She has also collaborated with several brands including Dior, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Levi’s, Nike, Reebok, to name a few.
But 14 years ago the landscape was completely different. Andy started her blog out of finding herself unemployed, with big aspirations yet very few people believed in her potential.
Despite the roadblocks, she managed to keep her lively spirit alive and become one of the most successful fashion bloggers worldwide.
In today’s episode, Andy tells it all! From where she grew up and what motivated her to work in fashion, to the dark moments she has been through in the industry.
“I am so much more than just a content creation machine”.
– Andy Torres
This is a very authentic conversation where Neri and Andy speak some oftentimes untold truths about what it means to be a fashion entrepreneur and influencer. They also delve into Andy’s take on the future of fashion, social media, and what it means to be an influencer.
If you’re looking for a purposeful approach to fashion, tips on building a loyal audience, and inspirational advice, this episode is for you!
Thank you for tuning in! If you haven’t listened to episode 11 where Neri interviews Matthew Herman, founder of gender-neutral brand Boy Smells, then go back and check it out!
Also, don’t forget to check out our 3 in 3 episodes released after our interviews where Neri shares her knowledge and expertise!
In this episode, we cover:
– How Style Scrapbook started.
– Where Andy’s passion for styling and fashion came from.
– Challenges, rejections, and roadblocks Andy faced in the early days.
– Democratizing fashion.
– The influence of blogging in the fashion industry.
– Advice to business owners who want to grow an audience.
– How Andy helps brands and what working with them looks like.
Resources and links mentioned during this episode:
– Check out Andy’s website at www.stylescrapbook.com and connect with her via Instagram @stylescrapbook.
– Neri is a published author! Read her book, Fashion Entrepreneurship: The Creation of the Global Fashion Business here!
– Read the books: The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World and Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty.
Connect with Neri:
– Follow Neri on Instagram @nerikarraworld and @modametiers.
– Visit modametiers.com and check out our services, resources, and previous work.
– Enjoying what you hear? Follow and leave a review HERE.