Vivienne Westwood once said, “Buy less. Choose Well. Make it Last.”
Today we welcome to the show the co-founder and CEO of Positive Luxury, Diana Verde Nieto.
Diana is a native of Argentina whose passion for sustainability and shaping a better world has led her to help dozens of luxury businesses to build sustainable brands around the world.
Her infamous positive-luxury-mark, the butterfly, is the industry-leading certification that recognizes brands that operate in line with international standards and best practices while providing transparency and allowing consumers to make more conscious and informed decisions.
This episode is full of inspiring loads of food for thought as Diana delves into the meaning of sustainability and how we, as a humanity, can achieve it. She is optimistic at heart and believes this is completely doable as long as we prioritize accountability, make smart decisions about the future of the planet, and work as a team with governments and institutions.
Thank you for tuning in! If you haven’t listened to episode 3 where Neri interviews Alison Mary Ching Yeung on Building a Fashion Chingdom, then go back and check it out!
Also, don’t forget to check out our 3 in 3 episodes released after our interviews where Neri shares her knowledge and expertise!
In this episode, we cover:
– How Diana’s background and upbringing influenced her passion for sustainability.
– Challenges she faced early on in her career.
– The process of joining Positive Luxury as a luxury and fashion brand.
– The reason and story behind the butterfly mark of Positive Luxury.
– The role of the circular economy in the fashion business.
– What Diana envisions for the future of Positive Luxury.
Resources and links mentioned during this episode:
– Visit Positive Luxury’s website at www.positiveluxury.com
– Find Positive luxury on Instagram @positiveluxury
– Read the article: LuxCo 2030: A Vision of Sustainable Luxury.
Connect with Neri:
– Follow Neri on Instagram @nerikarraworld and @modametiers
– Visit modametiers.com and check out our services, resources, and previous work.
– Enjoying what you hear? Follow and leave a review HERE.