During this month, we’ve touched on the many different aspects of sustainability when it comes to fashion brands. However, the way businesses experiment with sustainability varies depending on their resources, size, and expertise.
Today’s episode is an epic masterclass on how to start, source, and even pivot a sustainable fashion business.
Our guest, Edoardo Iannuzzi is the founder and Creative Director of the low-impact shoe brand, ACBC. This talented designer is the embodiment of resilience and innovation, and he is here today to share his story as well as to drop some major advice on how to start a sustainable brand from the ground up.
Undoubtedly, Edoardo has mastered the art of adapting to change. Not only did he open his own consulting business with the goal of helping other entrepreneurs, but is also constantly seeking to improve his processes when it comes to the technology utilized in his production process.
From his early days as a fashion business owner to where he produces his sneakers, to how he pivoted when the pandemic hit, this conversation will inspire you to both start and advance in your journey with a sustainable fashion model.
Thank you for tuning in! If you haven’t listened to episode 5 where Neri interviews Tina Bhojwani on becoming a sustainable fashion entrepreneur, then go back and check it out!
Also, don’t forget to check out our 3 in 3 episodes released after our interviews where Neri shares her knowledge and expertise!
In this episode, we cover:
– How ACBC shoes started.
– The materials Edoardo uses in ACBC and what makes them different.
– The steps he took from idea to established company.
– Challenges he faced in the early days and how he overcame them.
– What sustainability means to Edoardo.
– Brands he admires within the fashion shoe industry.
– Advice to those who want to start a sustainable fashion brand.
Resources and links mentioned during this episode:
– Visit ACBC Shoes at www.acbc.com
– Find them on Instagram @acbc.official
– Book: Decoding Greatness: How the Best in the World Reverse Engineer Success by Ron Friedman.
Connect with Neri:
– Follow Neri on Instagram @nerikarraworld and @modametiers
– Visit modametiers.com and check out our services, resources, and previous work.
– Enjoying what you hear? Follow and leave a review HERE.