Confucious once said, “choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”…
Today on the show, we welcome celebrity makeup artist, Tania Grier.
Incredibly talented Tania is the former UK Make-Up Artist Ambassador for Sisley-Paris. She has worked with top fashion magazines, from Vogue to Harpers Bazaar as well as famous faces such as Emma Thompson, Poppy Delevigne, Jemima Khan, Sabine Getty, Suki Waterhouse, Laura Bailey, Charlotte Dellal, to name a few.
Neri and Tania have been friends for a long time and during this fun and spontaneous conversation, they cover a lot of ground!
Grier opens up about her beginnings when she set out to be an actress and worked in New York City. However, it was shortly after that the universe revealed a different plan for her, therefore conceiving a new and unexpected career path.
Tania broke into the beauty industry in one of the most organic ways possible and until this day, she makes sure she keeps it that way.
Besides her phenomenal skills as a makeup artist, Tania shines at the art of letting things flow, enjoying what she does, and never forcing anything. She highlights the importance of staying true to yourself regardless of how big the people you work with, turning up early, and staying focused at all times in order to succeed in the industry.
Want to hear some of the artist’s best beauty tips and all about her favourite makeup product? Our host and guest talk about that too!
We’re very excited about this conversation and we hope you enjoy it just as much as we did!
Thank you for tuning in! If you haven’t listened to episode 8 where Neri and Louise Xin chat about the world’s first rental-only, non-sale Haute Couture brand, then go back and check it out!
Also, don’t forget to check out our 3 in 3 episodes released after our interviews where Neri shares her knowledge and expertise!
In this episode, we cover:
– The journey that led Tania to become a makeup artist.
– Finding your professional tribe and aligning with your values.
– Challenges Tania faced at the beginning of her career.
– The importance of evolving as an artist.
– Sustainability and diversity in the fashion and beauty industry.
– Tania’s advice for those looking to start a beauty brand.
Resources and links mentioned during this episode:
– Connect with Tania on Instagram @taniagrier.
Connect with Neri:
– Follow Neri on Instagram @nerikarraworld and @modametiers.
– Visit modametiers.com and check out our services, resources, and previous work.
– Enjoying what you hear? Follow and leave a review HERE.